Category Archives for "Core Principles"
Grab a paperback copy of Maze Remarketing: The 80/20 Approach to Profitable Multi-Channel Retargeting Ads. Just 1 penny plus cost-price worldwide shipping.
The ‘80/20’ or Pareto principle is an established mathematical fact. Everything in the world that can be impacted by positive or negative feedback loops is impacted by this… including your ads.
A small number of your ads will drive the most profit…
While a small number of ads will cost you large amounts of money.
Most of the time this effect is hidden. In this episode we explain how this works, why it is so important, and how to leverage the 80/20 effect in your paid ads strategy. Listen now to learn:
For more on the 80/20 curve we recommend Perry Marshall’s book 80/20 Sales and Marketing.
Rob and Jonathan answer the question: what exactly is the maze? How is it different from conventional funnel-based marketing? This episode covers:
– Why marketing is less linear than ever before, with many more touch points
– Why impression-assisted conversions matter more than most people realise
– Why it is valuable to add depth to your marketing, rather than optimised simplicityContinue reading
Jonathan and Rob discuss the pervasiveness – and limitations – of the marketing funnel analogy. Including:
– When the funnel analogy helps, and when it doesn’t
– Why the funnel is becoming less and less relevantContinue reading