In this episode, Rob and Jonathan are talking to Ben Hunt, marketer, former web designer and author of several books including, “Save the pixel” and “Web design is dead”.
Ben shares a sneak peek at a new concept he’s developing, called Holistic Marketing. If you sell based on expertise and are tired of the marketing funnel analogy, holistic marketing may be a more robust, ethical way to build your business.
In their discussion of Holistic Marketing, they cover…
- Why web design is more marketing than creative design
- How you ‘find your space’ and ‘find your place in time’
- How to create different ways for people to access what you’re offering and why this is important
- Why you should be as generous as you can with your content
- Why you shouldn’t simply choose a niche. You must be that niche.
- Getting paid for who you are not what you do
- The power of interviews for generating content
- Looking to the past and the future for content ideas, but inhabiting the present